I love cooking, it's just one of my things. Actually it's a family thing. I grew up learning about it from my parents and my brother Ash (who went to culinary school) as well as spending plenty of time professionally in kitchens as well.
So I figure, as I enter into a new evolution of the blog, I'll start sharing some of my favorite recipes. Hope you enjoy this one and be sure to check out the cooking podcast with me and my Dad called "Dads In The Kitchen"!
**Please handle raw fish as cleanly as possible, keeping tools, hands, and work surfaces as clean as possible!!! Also be sure to cook it thoroughly as to avoid getting sick!!!!**
For some reason people like to add a lot of salt to their Salmon. While I do indeed add salt, you'll find I use considerably less since Salmon is already a flavorful fish! This is as basic as it gets! I get farm raised Salmon from COSTCO, and most of my seasonings come from a farmers market not far from home.
What You'll Need
- Powdered Garlic
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Your favorite Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Salmon of your choice, I usually get it in "full-side" servings, prep on Sunday's then stretch it out over the week.
- Baking dish big enough to hold your fish
- Line your baking dish with foil
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
- Evenly coat fish with olive oil, making a thin layer across the fish
- Evenly coat fish with garlic powder and a THIN layer of Pink Salt
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes
And that's it! I know…very basic, keeping the flavor of the fish alive while giving it a little extra something!
Thanks for reading, and hope you enjoy!